Employment – Operations Assistant
THE POSITION: Houston Sports Park is seeking proactive, detail-oriented, and hardworking individuals to serve the part-time position of Operations Assistant under the supervision of Operations Manager with the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Houston Sports Park.
Applicant must be working on Bachelor's Degree or pursuing degree in related field OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in athletic event management preferred. Experience in a collegiate athletic department or professional sports team with operations of athletics and recreational facilities preferred. Must be available to work nights and weekends in support of scheduled rentals and events. Must be CPR and AED certified within 60 days.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide excellent service to professional teams, leagues, and public rental groups who use the facility
· Collaborate with professional teams, leagues, and public rental groups to assess needs
· Field preparation for rentals and events – set-up (moving goals, bleachers, sideline setups), breakdown (moving goals,cleanup), and conversions
· Facility management responsibilities including identifying and reducing risks, park beautification and waste management.
· Must enforce facility procedures and rules
· Assist with execution of major events and tournaments
· Evacuate park patrons in the event of lightning and/or inclement weather
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Assist at BBVA Compass Stadium for Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash events
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Must be able to perform manual labor
· Must be able to multitask in variable, often inclement weather conditions
· Must be able to work non-traditional hours including weekends, nights, and some holidays
· Must possess positive personality with a strong desire to be in sports industry
· Must be open to learn
CONTACT: For more information please contact Joe Mendoza at Jmendoza@houstondynamo.com
This position is a part-time as needed position. Successful applicants will need to submit a criminal background check and drug screen prior to employment.